At Levelset, we’re all working to make complex things simple, and that’s because we believe simple things are more fair and empowering than complicated things. In construction, one of the globe’s biggest industries, the payment process is over-complex. We’re building an ecosystem around payment that connects builders, subcontractors, suppliers, developers, banks, and others in the exchange of payment. It solves a headache. It strives to make complicated things simple, to save everyday people time and stress. And ultimately, it shines a light on a very unjust and messy process, making it more fair and transparent for all.
We’re a high-growth technology startup with offices in New Orleans, Louisiana, and Cairo, Egypt, and we’re in the exciting construction technology category. We have San Francisco venture investors, like Brick & Mortar Ventures and Altos Ventures. We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems, and we have a mountain of opportunity for you.
Are you ready?
As an intern software developer at zlabs, the engineering division of Levelset in Cairo, you'll be responsible for the developing of full-stack modular features, and/ or tasks that moves our platform forward. You will help us improve our application’s. You will get a chance to contribute to a fast growing successful web platform that is adopted and used daily by several enterprise companies.
Our software engineers have strong background in software development and computer science, good problem solving skills, are knowledgeable about algorithms and data structures, and are well versed in coding using different technologies. Our backend development is done primarily in PHP, so having previous PHP experience is a plus.
- Develop, debug, and implement modular components and support for web-based software applications and services
- Research and develop proof of concepts for new features, enhacements or performance improvements.
- Comply with project coding standards and industry best practices
- Produce detailed software design and specifications
- Participate in planning for software development projects, and ensure projects are concluded according to the planned delivery dates
- Good understanding of software engineering concepts
- Good problem solving and research skills
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- High accuracy in work and keen attention to details
- Previous experience using PHP, or other open source technologies is a plus
- Familiarity with PHP MVC frameworks is a plus
We are committed to make complex things simple, passionate about engineering, and building beautiful software products using advanced technologies and efficient development processes. Our goal is to become the most attractive software employer in Cairo, through investing in our team’s skills and wellbeing and challenging everyone to build awesome software. Our office is in a quiet neighborhood in Degla, Maadi, surrounded by relaxing green scenery visible through our many windows. Below are highlights of standard company benefits for full-time employees:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Housing and rent allowance in Maadi
- Highest tier social insurance and local health insurance
- Partial international health insurance
- Flexible and open leave policy
- Flexible working hours
- Wellness program and incentives
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
Are you up for the challenge?
Read more about why being on a rocket ship is the best of your career options from Levelset's CEO .
Powered by JazzHR