The Enabling Environment Policy Advisor will support and advise the Chief of Party (COP) and other project staff on Objective 1 (Strengthen Legal, Economic, and Social Enabling Environments) activities that contribute to supporting GOE to implement their policies, strategies, and laws strengthening gender equality and female empowerment. The Enabling Environment Policy Advisor will provide subject matter and ensure the successful implementation of Objective 1. This will include maintaining a detailed knowledge of all aspects of the enabling environment in Egypt: legislation, policies, regulations, standards, organizational structure, and stakeholders across the public, private, and civil sectors. The Enabling Environment Policy Advisor will develop and execute the work plans for activities under Objective 1, as well as coordinate closely with the other objective leads to ensure successful coordination and efficient use of resources. Tracking of all activities will allow for timely and accurate reporting of deliverables, milestones, results, and indicators.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of project activities under Objective 1 related to the enabling environment;
- Develop, update, and execute on the detailed annual work plans for all activities under Objective 1;
- Advise on public awareness campaigns to combat violence against women and girls and promotes gender equality
- Plan, define and draft the scopes of work for short-term technical assistance (STTA) resources as needed;
- Advise the COP, serve as subject matter and technical expert;
- Monitor developments in Egypt as related to the enabling environment;
- Engage GOE and other activity stakeholders in expert-level discussions; and
- Coordinate with the other objective leads.
- Master’s degree in law, public policy or administration, international relations, political science, or other relevant fields;
- 8 plus years of professional work experience, assuming increasing responsibilities and management functions, including legal reform and policy coordination experience;
- Knowledge/understanding of the Egyptian legal framework related to gender;
- Experience working with the public sector and other key stakeholders on the development and implementation of legislation and policy reforms related to gender;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team on activities of similar scale;
- Familiarity with US Government-funded programming, rules and regulations required;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and maintaining unbiased and professional working relationships with government officials, civil society partners, donors, and donor-funded implementers;
- Ability to manage a team of professionals, work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance;
- Proven human resource management skills and demonstrated commitment to customer service; and
- Proven written and oral presentation skills in English and Arabic required.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.