DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides expertise and leadership in the implementation of new instructional models and information literacy techniques and in fostering an innovative instructional literacy program
- Coordinates outreach to stakeholders and works with them to assess the instructional, research, and informational needs of the AUC community to assist in the development of state-of-the-art venues and platforms to elevate the role and visibility of LLT following the strategic plan and the AUC pillars.
- Develops and implements the unit's strategic goals, objectives, KPIs and budgetary priorities
- Facilitates collaboration and communication among all members of the LLT access team
- Mentors and leads a diverse team of library faculty and staff, and provides administrative oversight with the managerial tasks of recruiting and evaluating the LLT Access team
- Ensures that the Access Team staff receives appropriate training to effectively carry out research and other functions
- Plans and implements the merge of all Main Library service functions to ensure the best and most effective quality user services (in person and virtual)
- Actively participates in the library liaison program and engages with departmental teaching faculty to understand their library needs, develop collegial partnerships, and promote library services
- Serves on the Library Council, with other members of the Library leadership team, to advance the mission, vision, and values of the Libraries
- Participates in other similar activities to fulfill the LLT strategic plan and visibility on campus and beyond.
- ALA-accredited MLIS degree or international equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a supervisory, management or leadership role
- Demonstrated experience in strategic thinking, managing, and leading diverse teams of library faculty and staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of information literacy best practices in strategies, methodologies, and practice within academic libraries
- Knowledge of recent information technology applications relevant to library services, specifically those relevant to classroom application
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills for multiple audiences
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience in working with users from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple ongoing projects
- Demonstrated understanding of practices and principles for assessing student learning
This is a Faculty appointment at the rank of Instructor. Review of Applications will begin immediately. Faculty salary and rank are based on qualifications and professional experience. According to AUC policies and procedures, faculty are entitled to generous benefits.
All applicants must submit the following documents through the online system:
a) A current CV and b) a letter of interest, c) Applicants must also completed Personnel Information Form; and d) at least three reference letters from referees familiar with your professional background sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American University in Cairo